Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wattle me This

So, ya know how it is when your kid starts walking behind you when you're out for an exercise walk and they say, "Hey mom, you need to start working out."  Yeah...well I know all about it.


Me:  "What do you think I'm doing right now?"

Little guy:  "Just walking."

Me:  "Yeah, I'm walking."

Little guy:  "I mean like when you worked out and you didn't have this."  He gave the back of my arm a jiggle-inducing tap.


OK, let me stop here and state that I weigh only 104...and, yes, I'm not in as good of shape as I'd like to be...and I can't remember ever NOT having back arm jiggle to some degree...yeesh, dude!


Me:  "Stop touching me."

Little guy:  "No, really, mom.  I'm just giving you advice.  You should work out more."

Me:  "But dude, one of your favorite things in life is jiggling my arm wattle."

Little guy:  "Oh, yeah...never mind."


My self esteem has been restored.  Sort of.


P.S.  I had a little talk later with the little guy.  "Dude, just for future reference, it's never a good idea to stop walking beside a woman and instead move to behind them, and then tell them they need to start working out.  We don't like that."  Yeah, he didn't get it...but someday he will.





No comments:

Post a Comment