Friday, November 11, 2011

Blood is thicker than water, unless you're me, of course....

So I'm at a lovely celebratory party tonight, having lovely conversations with lovely people.  My phone alarm goes off reminding me to make my meds.  I give a brief explanation for why I have to leave and as I casually spill it I take in the look of the lovely person I'm talking to and I realize how uncommonplace it must be to live with something that could take you out with no notice.

"Bless your heart."  Huh?  Oh yeah, I suppose it is a big deal, but, honestly I hardly give it a thought.  I can't see any reason TO give it a thought.  Aside from remembering daily meds, getting regular lab tests, and being super rigid with my diet, it really is a non thing for me.  I'm totally at the laugh about it stage.  Anytime somebody wants me to do something I don't want to, I pipe up with, "I can't, I have a blood clot!"  If the kids pick me up and want to carry me around, "Stop, I have a blood clot!"  I get asked to take a long overdue turn at washing the dog..."blood clot!"  It's a VERY useful excuse...it's also highly unsuccessful.

Tonight Dave and I were joking around about my medical issue as I was picking the green "avoid" veggies out of my Chinese food.  I was saying something (bragging?) about how my flukey clot makes me "special".

"You're not special, you're obsessive."  Yeah, he's right, I can't argue with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment